We’d like to thank Lonsec and Money Management for acknowledging us at the recent 2017 Fund Manager of the Year Awards.
To be awarded Fund Manager of the Year for the Australian Equities (Broad Cap) category was a great testament to the team’s patience and hard work.
In particular, Lonsec’s comments were appreciated:
- “Allan Gray employs a long-term focused, fundamental ‘bottom up’ investment research process to identify undervalued companies.”
- “The Fund holds a number of attractions and offers investors a genuinely differentiated ‘benchmark unaware’ offering in the market place managed by a relatively unconventional team compared to peers”.
- “The investment team lead, Simon Mawhinney is a self-assured investor who is building an encouraging track record in portfolio management.”
- “The Manager deserves due praise for maintaining a strong sense of self-belief and courage of investment view over the past two years which has been duly rewarded with stellar performance over the past year.”
- “The Fund delivered 35% for the year to December 2016. This is substantially ahead of both the Lonsec benchmark index, the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index and the Lonsec peer median fund in the Australian large cap value group.”
It’s been a strong year for the Allan Gray Australia business and we look to continue to build on this.
Learn more about the Allan Gray Australia Equity Fund.